@ FLICKR, Clicking away

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from amtrips. Make your own badge here.

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

They Worship Me too...

"A raised hood is always a thought of fear...."
-Amrita



A photograph is a secret about a secret. The more it tells you the less you know.
- Diane Arbus


This shot is somewhat justifying Diane Arbus.Jake Roberts stated "Always a snake bites back"....."Never wound a snake, kill it", said Harriet Tubman...

Mr. Snake's family alleged on the man- They killed me and my brothers and sisters,
They killed my siblings and they perished our houses.. They didnt love us and they hated SNAKES.

The Man said-"As soon as the fear approaches near, attack and destroy it.Thats what Chanakya has said and we follow it.

Snakes are fear to man and so they kill them. But are they really that dreadful to mankind? I asked myself as i halucinate at times with snakes, dream them and also love to have a small baby snake in my fantasy dreamed zoo.

In a country like India, where snakes cause so many deaths around 500-600 per year, snakes are still worshiped as god and this temple near my village has some 29 deites of snakes with different names of lords where they are worshiped with blind faith. Such holy is our indian culture.And so are they conserved in a wrap of the blind belief that these villagers own. Same is also in Agumbe national park , dedicated for the conservation of the kings of snakes, The King Cobra Conservation Project, headed by Romulus whittaker. I dream of going to Agumbe one day and may be who knows I can spot one baby king cobra or a full grown one.As of now, my fear about snakes still persists.

Current Mood: Dreamy and Imaginative :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...